Where: Sydney Dragway, Ferrers Rd, Eastern Creek
When: Wednesday 25th October – 2pm
- Tommy Johnson Jr (USA) – multi-time American Nitro Funny Car and Top Fuel Dragster champion
- Morice McMillin (NZ) – reigning Australian Funny Car champion
- Brandon Gosbell (AUS) – current Funny Car record holder
- Three of the fastest racing drivers on the planet will join more than 200 other teams at Sydney Dragway October 27 and 28 for the Sydney Nationals – round number two of the National Drag Racing Championship.
- Wednesday 25th is a chance for international drag racing superstar Tommy Johnson Jr to test his 11,000 horsepower drag racing machine ahead of that week’s event.
- Tommy is a veteran of more than 450 top level drag racing events in the US, and with more than 25 major wins to his name he’s truly an icon of the sport.
- The car he is racing in Sydney is capable of accelerating from a standstill to over 530kph in less than four seconds.
- He’ll be taking on the best Australia and New Zealand has to offer including the reigning champion Morice Allen and Australia’s quickest driver, Brandon Gosbell as they fight for points in the National Drag Racing Championship (NDRC).
- Test race for Tommy Johnson Jr is scheduled for 3:30pm
For enquiries regarding this media call, please contact:
Adrian Hodgson – NDRC Communications Manager
0416 271 834